SonicJPNews archive blog: Mazin-san's MEGA DRIVE system boards collection!

2019/04/28

Mazin-san's MEGA DRIVE system boards collection!

News from 2019.04.28
Archived on 2019.04.28

He showcases a lot of system boards of different MEGA DRIVE games he owns!
What is he looking for?

"Alright, let's dig up the system boards I store in my room."
- Masato Nishimura


"OK so I at least found the ROM of 3-screen version DARIUS II. No, I probably have switched it with The Ninja Warriors. Anyway I have to find the board."
- Masato Nishimura


"F2's Metal Black and SYSTEM18's Michael Jackson's Moon Walker. No, not you guys."
- Masato Nishimura




"Huuh? What's this?
MEGA DRIVE's development board? ICE?
No, not them, I can't remember them at all! My head hurts like it's going to crack if I try to remember! (Like a amnestic protagonist?!)"
- Masato Nishimura

"Donkey Kong for me is Crazy Kong. *laugh*
Ouch!"
- Masato Nishimura


"Roll, Pure Stone! *singing*
CAPCOM---!! *shooting SE*"
- Masato Nishimura


"Arcade version Assault's concrete panel, Saturn's Twin Sticks, Mission Stick, Steering Controler, first generation Virtua Sticks and more. I bought anything I could back then."
- Masato Nishimura


"Street Fighter II system board. 39800 yen, still rather expensive."
- Masato Nishimura


"These are all 5 inches 2HDs... and this is merely a part of whole.
It's from the time when hard disks were 40M with external ??? [I didn't get what he wrote. Saggy?]."
- Masato Nishimura



"I dug up trackball for SYSTEM32' Sonic and Dottori-kun."
- Masato Nishimura


Mazin-san (Masato Nishimura-san) looks back on the time he played MEGA DRIVE as he was still living in his parents' home.
"In order to draw in the modem phone line to my room to play MEGA DRIVE's Game Library, I secretly drilled a hole in my room's wall, and was scolded by my parents as they found it out. This was the hole."
- Masato Nishimura

"This is YM2151 from TAITO, so it must be Rainbow Island."
- Masato Nishimura


"SYSTEM16's A and B. The ones inserted might be Quartett 2 and Shinobi. Both of them are starting to rot and it's dangerous."


"I packed the system boards back there, but my Lupin the Third LD-BOX is in my way *laugh*"
- Masato Nishimura

And...he finally found what he was looking for!

"I finally dug it up! 3 screen-version Darius II system board!! And Ninja Warrior's ROM.
The black box on the right side of the image is a switch made for selecting a screen out of the three for output of control box. Doesn't make the game play well though. *laugh*"
- Masato Nishimura


"There are more system boards buried over there, like After Burner, Power Drift, SYSTEM32 and SYSTEM2 - but I got what I wanted, Darius II, so that's over for today."
- Masato Nishimura


"Oh, M2-san, if you are ever going to port Dark Edge, F1 Exhaust Note, Spider Man, Arabian Fight, Burning Rivals, Trackball's Sonic, DD Clue, Moon Walker, Arien Storm and so on - I can lend you the system boards! *laugh*"
- Masato Nishimura


That's a plenty he's got!
For which one are you interested in the most?

-----------------------------
🍵Please support me through Ko-fi! Or a cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts on this post!