SonicJPNews archive blog: Creators on Sonic the Movie's 'leaked designs' 1: Naka-san, the father of Sonic

2019/03/05

Creators on Sonic the Movie's 'leaked designs' 1: Naka-san, the father of Sonic

News from 2019.03.05
Archived on 2019.03.07

I bet you all have seen those supposedly leaked images of Sonic the Movie. And many of  you were shocked, including me.

Here are how the creators and voice actors of Sonic series reacted towards the unexpected designs...

Part 1: Yuji Naka-san, the father of Sonic on the Sonic the Movie's 'leaked designs'

His first reaction towards the images: he is speechless.

He continues to analyse what is wrong with the design. I completely agree.
(Plus, I can't understand why they gave him round iris. That might have changed the impression a lot.)

Naka-san, co-creator of Sonic and the one who loves Sonic as one of his dear children - is very, very disappointed by what he saw. He tries to remain calm, but he seems to be very sad from his tweets...


He also shows his concern upon damage on Sonic's brand. Which is completely understandable. No one wants to see one's own child, a successful series, to be damaged and be mocked of because of such drastic change to its design.
Naka-san is also shocked to see Sonic not only without his gloves but his bare hands that are white. To him, it's not true.

The only hope he had is that this was just a fan-made meme, but no, appearantly it's...very close to the official and final product. Oh no.


Naka-san then saw a fan's attempt to adjust the image's balance closer to the original Sonic design, and he says:

What did you think about the Movie Sonic's design?

From here it's my own opinion:
I personally despise of it. I can't see why they had to reverse every bit of design features that make Sonic look cool. Starting from the whole balance or head-body and body-extremities (why are his hands and feet so small?), to the blue arms with white hands (what?), long torso, the KNEES, the small nose on pointed face and that mouth...is he smiling or not? ...ughh I can't look at the image anymore. I'm okay with him having furs (or are they needles?), but everything else seems so unappealing to me.
And the most unforgivable to me are those eyes. Making his iris round don't make him look closer to human. Staring at those eyes with that faint smirk makes me feel like it's gonna curse me. Give back those cool oval iris please. I beg you.

-----------------------------
🍵Please support me through Ko-fi! But 0.9% saline solution might be enough for now - I need to wash my eyes after seeing those leaked Movie Sonics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts on this post!